Wednesday 18 October 2017

Stampathon - Part 1 - Spooky!!

So, I had a bit of a stampathon recently! I received some BRAND NEW stamps from Craftwork Cards to make some DT samples and had so many ideas for them I just couldn't stop stamping and cardmaking!!

So, there were 4 sets
1. A halloween set (with gorgeous images!)
2. Gingerbread Lane - with an array of amazing handdrawn gingerbread houses
3. A beautiful large wreath with bow and sentiments 
4. A snowflake set - simple, handdrawn - I love them - well, to be honest I should -
I designed them!!

So over the next few blog posts I'm going to share some of my makes and ideas and hopefully inspire you to have a go with them too!

The stamps are on offer over on the Craftwork Cards website for Stamp Club members and there's details on the stamp club over there too!

Okay, so the first set I got stuck in with was the Halloween set. There are oodles of smaller halloween icons in this set with a couple of sentiments too. Enough to make backgrounds and have focal points. I made some CAS cards and some with more layers and fussy work on them.

I've got some spooky cards to share with you!

Firstly...

This was a really cool and quick card to make. I stamped the two different pumpkins twice and coloured them with Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush pens. Then stamped the faces on them. Each one was cut out of a small piece of white card and matt and layered onto black cardstock. Onto the card front, I matt and layered black cardstock and some downloadable halloween paper. Each of the four pumpkins were layered on top and underneath each other as can be seen and attached to the front of the card like a topper. The sentiment was again from the stamp set and I stamped this direct onto the downloaded paper I printed at home. I've just added a few nuvo drops for a little extra dimension  and colour. Even the little scar you can see on the pumpkin is a separate stamp. Lots of detail!

The second card.....

This was the fussiest one I did! I have used black cardstock, a monochrome damask print (from the CWC Sophisticate USB), more black cardstock and a halloween paper I downloaded onto the front of the card. I've used some different patterns of downloaded halloween papers to create flags for bunting across the top of the card. Then I stamped out lots of the different icons- coloured some more pumpkins, some flat black stamping and also white embossed skeletons onto black cardstock! I've just added these across the bottom of the orange square on the from. I love the little bat and the BOO! stamp!!


The third card was super easy - I stamped and embossed some extra skeletons when I made the last card. I've used another monochrome print from the CWC Sophisticate USB and used a little wilted violet distress oxide ink around the edges. I've layered the 3 skeletons down the right hand side of the card like they're tumbling and matt and layered my favourite BOO! sentiment. I used the bats and small spider as accents, to drawn the eye towards the sentiment.


This card was by far the fastest make and easiest!!! Three small squares of different shades of orange and stamped out three different pumpkins faces on each one. On a square of black cardstock the same size, I stamped the bats and BOO! and embossed in white. Two diagonal squares were raised up on foam pads and 2 others stuck directly to the card. I've then added accents - the spiders web in the top left of the card and the spider hanging down from the black sentiment square.


This one is another really simple make. I've covered my card front with black cardstock and cut down a matt of the green downloaded halloween paper. I've stamped out the spooky house in black on super smooth stamping cardstock then used nesting circle dies to cut out the house and use a slightly larger die to cut out a circle from the green paper but slightly offset it. I've cut a banner from patterned black paper and stamped the halloween sentiment onto white card. I've then stamped accents onto the card front around the design, the bats in the top left and the cauldron and bubbles to the bottom right. Notice the card is balanced the focal point and sentiment then the accents. Tricky to see in this photo but |I've added black glossy nuvo drops all around the white circle to add dimension to the card, yet kept it simple.


Here, I've created a sunset background with distress oxide inks, stamped onto the inky background and cut a hill shape freehand from black card. I've stamped and embossed the sentiment and the hanging spider onto the black card.


Finally - a favourite! I've stamped a background using the different halloween icons and used different halloween themed colours. Lots of matt and layering with monochrome patterns and black cardstock to make it all pop and offsetting all the layers for a different look. I've stamped the spooky house separately and cut it out, inky around the edges with purple and mounted using 3D foam pads.

Blimey - that was a long post - if you're still here - thanks for sticking around - I hope you enjoyed looking through my makes and the different ideas! 

Happy Halloween - if you celebrate it - and if not - enjoy the extra chocolates that are around!



25 comments:

  1. Fab selection of cards Mary 😍 love those stamp sets x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a super selection of Halloween cards. I don't normally do Halloween cards, but did a few last year. I love the ones you have made and the last one is my favourite too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kate! I've never made halloween cards before! xx

      Delete
  3. Ah thank you Kate! They were so much fun!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great selection of Halloween cards. Full of fun and seasonal colours!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary all your cards are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally loving your cards, esp those adorable skeletons!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creations. Great cards x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards and fun designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These are fab - what a wonderful array of Halloween ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are amazing! Halloween is one of my favourite crafty themes and your cards are fabulous. Just ordered the set and can't wait to play xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Can't wait to see what you make! They're such fun! Xx

      Delete
  11. Stunning samples Mary - bet they took ages! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shabneez! They didn't take long really. Was having too much fun to realise anyway lol xx

      Delete
  12. Wonderful cards Mary. I am so tempted by the stamps even though I have hubdreds of Hallowe'en stamps and haven't made a single card with them yet! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! I do this with a lot of stamps lol just get then out and lol at then lovingly with lots of ideas in my head lol xx

      Delete

Stampathon - Part 3 - Snowflake Kisses

Wow - three blog posts in under two weeks?! The mojo is clearly flowing with lots of projects and ideas in the pipeline :-) I'm really...