Wednesday 4 October 2017

Casology Challenge week. 269 entry

Well, here goes!

This is my first attempt participating in as challenge blog, so I'm sure it's far from perfect but you've got to start somewhere, right?!

I'm a massive fan of clean and simple cards and layouts so when I was looking for a challenge blog with a cas theme and stumbled across casology, I knew instantly this was the first one I'd try!



I love how the brief or cue card is just a single word! The brief or spec is so broad because the 'cue card' is just one word for you to incorporate into your design.

When I saw this cue card, I knew exactly what I was going to make! I took a C6 card blank and one of the cut out overlays from Craftwork Cards, keeping the design using white and gold only. I've adhered the overlay with 3D foam pads to create shadow and depth without adding anything extra to the card.

I've use die cut letters and double embossed them in gold as the main element on the card and then stamped some cute flowers onto vellum, embossed them in gold and cut them out, adhering them around the focal word.

Here's some close up photos of the different elements:





Hope you like it!







16 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I really, really, really love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I love the gold and white combo, and the die cut grid is wonderful! I'm so glad you joined us for the first time at CASology...I hope you'll play along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab make Mary - perfect for the challenge. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The gold and white is so elegant and I love the flowers stamped onto vellum. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Mary. Love the white and gold and the design is fabulous. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card!! Love everything about this!! So fresh and beautiful and perfectly CAS!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Really enjoyed the challenge! Xx

      Delete
  8. What a chic card - gold and white is such an elegant combination. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Stampathon - Part 3 - Snowflake Kisses

Wow - three blog posts in under two weeks?! The mojo is clearly flowing with lots of projects and ideas in the pipeline :-) I'm really...