Saturday 7 October 2017

Happy World Card Making day!!

Hi everyone! Happy World Card Making Day!!!

It's like an extra birthday for cardmakers! How cool is that?! 

Just typing this on my phone having a lie in lol but want to show out to you guys and share a card I made this week.



If seen loads of candle wreath cards on various social media sites and was dying to have a go myself. So looked through my stash and copious amount of stamps and found the perfect candle stamp for the job!

It's a small candle from the Celebrations stamp set by Craftwork Cards. I think they're still available on the website too.
I picked my colour scheme and selected pink, coral, black and grey ink pads and set about stamping my wreath. First I drew round a circle die cut on the card front to use as a guide.

I started with the pink and stamped at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock to try and get them as evenly spaced as possible. Then took the next colours and stamped next to the pink candle. I repeated this with all the colour ink pads and then used the same colours in the same order once again.

I stamped a simple happy birthday sentiment on a circle die cut and layered this on the front.
I also offset the wreath slightly. If you're not going to get it perfectly central on the card front it will be noticeable so I played on this and purposefully pushed it off centre for a different look.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like it and hope you get a chance to do some crafting today too!!

Mary xx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning design Mary and I love the colours so much. Great to see you back in blog land. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Stampathon - Part 3 - Snowflake Kisses

Wow - three blog posts in under two weeks?! The mojo is clearly flowing with lots of projects and ideas in the pipeline :-) I'm really...