Sunday 21 May 2017

A Closer Look at... Stamp It 3!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well and your crafty mojo is flowing nicely!

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be asked to make some samples with the wonderful Stamp It 3 stamps and papers. Let me tell you, it didn't take much persuading! I've also contributed to the Stamp It 3 Magazine and have several card tutorials in there! Not only does the magazine have lots of projects and step by step instructions there are top quality free background papers in there that work perfectly with the stamp sets. 

I love stamping and my stamping mojo has come racing back since Craftwork Cards have started regularly releasing new stamp sets. I love the quality of their stamps, the impressions are so clean and crisp and their stamping card is second to none. (Just for info in case anyone is wondering - I don't get paid to sell their products on my blog at all, I just love the products dearly and enjoy using them!)

These stamps are so different to their usual stamps. They're kind of grungy and have a distressed look to them. They're awesome with mixed media and work well with clean and simple cards too - which is so clever! My lovely friend Sue designed these stamps too - which makes me love them even more!

This is what they look like:


As you can see they're so detailed, they have beautiful imagery and usable on a wide range of projects. The paper compliment these stamps perfectly and the imagery is carried on through the papers and stamps.

The wonderful Julie Hickey took these products to air this time and did a fantastic job! Love to watch her demonstrations and sit there saying to myself - darn, why didn't I think of doing that?!

Here's a selection of cards I made for the show:

I stamped onto watercolour card and then using Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush pens and a waterbrush, watercoloured the butterflies. Adding some drops of coloured water randomly to the card. 
See the signature 2 lines around the edge to frame the focal point!
On this card, I die cut a piece of the super smooth card and stamped on that. I've doodle line along the edge of the paper matt and then inked the sentiment paper to make the sentiments match my design. Finished off with 3 dots of liquid pearls in gold. 

I've created a distress background for the card front using Kuretake Clean Color pens and water then stamped over it using memento ink. I've taken 3 or 4 colours in different tones of the same colour and used them to highlight different elements of the stamped images and used one of the pens top colour over the sentiment paper to make them match the coloured images on my card. Perfect card for a gent!













Just to prove you really don't need a lot of crafting equipment to make these cards, I'll share with you that I actually made these cards whilst on holiday with my family in a caravan! You can achieve these looks at home too. If you have any questions about the cards I've made feel free to ask, I'd be happy to answer any queries, just leave a comment or message me on facebook.

Here's the other cards I made for the show:





Thanks for stopping by! Take care :-)

2 comments:

Stampathon - Part 3 - Snowflake Kisses

Wow - three blog posts in under two weeks?! The mojo is clearly flowing with lots of projects and ideas in the pipeline :-) I'm really...